Performance Testing with LRE
LRE (Load Runner Enterprise) is a web-based, globally accessible, enterprise-wide tool for planning and running multiple performance test projects. This tool stresses users’ applications to isolate and identify server bottlenecks. It enables users to plan and execute tests across multiple concurrent projects and people by sharing software and hardware resources. The scenarios can be goal-oriented or manual. LoadRunner generates the scenarios based on goals specified by the tester; while in the latter, the details are to be entered manually.
Then, the series of actions that are to be performed as part of the testing scenario are recorded into a Vuser Script. Then load generator is used to run the Vusers, which will create the required amount of load on the system. The business processes that need to be measured are represented in form of transactions. Once the required load is generated, the system behavior is observed and noted. When LRE used judiciously can give you an accurate picture of end-to-end system/application performance.
Load Runner Architecture
VUGen (Virtual User Generator)- It will allow you to record and replay scripts.
Controller- It will allow you to design the scenarios and execute the test with multiple users.
Analyzer- it will allow to analyse the statistics and finding out the bottlenecks.
Load Generator- It generates the load against the application.
Agent Process- It will establish the connection between load Generator & Controller.
Features of LRE
- Virtual User Generator (VuGen) easily can record the testing steps that the users perform in order to test an application.
- The Virtual User (Vuser) concept enables testers to run the test cases in form of virtual users thus minimizing manual intervention.
- There is no limitation on the number of Vusers that can be created if the appropriate license is obtained as per requirements.
- All the Vusers can be controlled from a single dashboard.
- LoadRunner can work on several enterprise environments thus providing wide applicability.
- LoadRunner can work with most of CRM/ERP systems provided by Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP.
- Using a single load generator, almost 1000 Vusers can be generated.
- The LoadRunner supports many protocols. Running a multiple protocol script can be easily done.
- The monitoring and analysis interface provided is very user friendly and easy to grasp.
- List of business transactions frequently used by the end users.
- Distribution of User load – is there any particular transaction where the users will be high.
- Expected average response times, as per the industrial standards average response time is 5 seconds.
- Load test: Verify the application under particular load.
- Stress test: To Stress the application to verify the how much user load application supposed to support.
- Build should be stable test environment is required for load testing.
Load Runner License:
- VUGen, Load Generator, Agent Process, Analyzer are available at free of cost.
- We have to buy controller license, using controller you can conduct only one test at any point of time.
- You have to buy VUser License.
- You have to buy protocol bundle license.