OIC-Oracle Cloud Integration is a cloud-based Integration tool. It seamlessly integrates on-prem applications with Oracle Cloud (SaaS) or other Cloud Apps (as Workday, Salesforce etc.) to other Cloud Apps. Like any other integration tool in the market (as Dell Boomi), OIC brings together all the capabilities of Application Integration, Process Automation, Visual Application Building, and Integration Analytics into a single unified cloud service. Oracle Integration Cloud now brings real-time and batch-based integration, structured and unstructured processes, case management, stream analytics and integration insight allowing customers to service all their end-to-end integration needs in one cohesive platform so that all users can now build and deliver capabilities needed to realize true Digital Business Transformations.
Oracle have announced Oracle Integration Cloud, the next evolution in their cloud integration capabilities and OIC relies on ADAPTERS to create connections with the end points. End Points mean source and destination entities between which data is to be exchanged.Imagine OIC as a pipe capable of transforming, mapping data between two discrete entities – Adapters connect to these entities. In OIC – data is read, mapped, transformed, orchestrated from Source via Connection Adapters with usual stuff as fault Handling (local and global) available and is transferred to the Destination again via Connection Adapters.
Oracle cloud Integration Key Features:
Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) brings together a few different existing solutions into a single offering. The products coming together are:
- Integration Cloud Service.
- Process Cloud Service.
- Visual Application Builder Service (to support PCS) – previously known as Application Cloud Builder Service (ABCS),
- (Analytics) Streams.
- Integration Insight: The Service gives you the information you need — out of the box, with powerful dashboards that require no coding, configuration, or modification. Get up and running fast with a solution that delivers deep insight into your business.
- Process Automation: Bring agility to your business with an easy, visual, low-code platform that simplifies day to day tasks by getting employees, customers, and partners the services they need to work anywhere, anytime, and on any device. Support for Dynamic Case Management
- Visual Application Design: Rapidly create and host engaging business applications with a visual development environment right from the comfort of your browser.
- SaaS and On-Premises Integration: Quickly connect to 1000s of SaaS or on-premises Applications seamlessly through 50+ native app adapters or technology adapters. Support for Service Orchestration and rich integration patterns for real-time and batch processing.
- Stream Analytics: Stream processing for anomaly detection, reacting to Fast Data. Super-scalable with Apache Spark and Kafka.
To create the Oracle integration Cloud:
Provision/configure Oracle Integration using Custom Options:
- Open the navigation menu. Under Developer Services, go to Application Integration and click Integration.
2. After that click on Create Integration Instance.
3. Specify the details it prompts for and confirm your selections, then click Create at last.
4. Wait for the provisioning to complete. Once the provisioning completed, you can click on the created instance to view the details.
Oracle Integration Cloud is an industry recognized leader in Application Integration and Process Automation. Both Gartner and Forrester have recognized Oracle iPaaS as a Leader for its vision and strategy in their respective reports for the year 2017. Oracle Integration Cloud is the only product on the planet that brings together all key elements of SaaS Extension and Integration under one product. The service also seamlessly integrates with Oracle API Platform Cloud Service for API first design and/or exposing Integrations as APIs.For information on more such interesting topic, please visit our blog or contact us.