What dashboards do
Workday dashboards consolidate key management information and actionable items in one location. This gives you immediate visibility into your overall performance and will help you make better informed decisions and strategies.
You can use dashboards in some interesting ways. For example, how often have you waited for key financial data so you can assemble a report that lets you track your spending with your budget? Dashboards in Workday Financial Management let you see instantly how current spending compares to your plan.
Or maybe you want to monitor employee performance because you have a review cycle coming up across your business. Workday HCM has a number of pre-built reports and dashboards that display current scorecards, actual-to-plan reports, and analytics to understand both where your employees are and where you’re headed.
You’re benefiting not only from the most current data, but also from the fact that everyone is operating on a single system. Workday continues to add depth and breadth in its reporting and analytics.
You might question whether there’s a pre-built dashboard in the system that truly fits your needs – but Workday enables you to create an unlimited number of custom-built dashboards across its applications. And it’s simple.
Here are four easy steps to create a custom dashboard:
- Decide who needs to see the dashboard, then add the existing group of people (for example, managers and HR), or define a new security group (i.e., “Managers in North America”).
- Create your custom dashboard.
- Create report tags and add these to your reports. For example, any report that has a compensation component can be tagged “Compensation.” When you filter by that tag, all of your compensation-related reports will show up in a single list.
- Create report worklets, which are shortcuts that give you instant access to a report. The worklet can be added to your dashboard.
How to add custom report in dashboard:
You will need to create a custom dashboard for your custom report. This is really easy and will allow you to place delegation reports in the dashboard for workers to view. You will then need to enable your custom report as a Worklet to add it to the dashboard. Below are steps:
1. Go to “Create Custom Dashboard”.
2. Enter in values. I would name the dashboard “Custom Dashboard For Report”.
For “Domain”, you can use “Landing Page-Home”.
If you want this dashboard to be on the Home page, you can add it to the “Home” dashboard under Maintain Dashboards> Home > Configure Content> search new dashboard under required or recommended.
3. Now, edit your custom report.
Go to Output > Worklet Options > Enable as Worklet. You should be able to select your new “Delegation” dashboard for “Available on”.
- 2. Go to “Maintain Dashboards” and select your new Custom dashboard
- 3. Select “Configure Content”
- 4. You should now be able to select your custom report when you search under “Dashboard/ Worklet”.
- 5. Test to see if the dashboard now populates with the report.