How to create Descriptive flex field in oracle fusion
We will be discuss about how to Create Descriptive flex field in oracle fusion:
- DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD helps to store the additional informations in oracle fusion.
- Oracle fusion has already given the standard DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD for each Important Oracle Fusion activity like (Invoices, Payments, Suppliers, Transactions).
- To create the Descriptive flex field in fusion, we first need to configure the Descriptive flex field.
- If we want to make changes in the already configured DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD then first we need to know the name of the DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD or we want to create the Descriptive flex field in oracle fusion page, then first we need to find that Descriptive flex field and then create it.
- Here below I will share all most important steps about How to Create Descriptive flex field in oracle fusion.
2 Important steps to Create Descriptive flex field in oracle fusion:
1. First we need to know the Name of the DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD in the fusion Page.
2. Second, We need to go to the DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD registration to verify/check that DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD details.
Step by Step to Create Descriptive flex field in oracle fusion
Part 1:- To Know the Name of the DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD in the fusion Page.
- In Oracle EBS , We normally find the Descriptive Flex Fields in Oracle Form through Help ==> Examine Option and then we get the names of available flex fields existing for that form and then we copy the name of DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD and go the Application Developer responsibility to configure that Descriptive flex fields in that Form.
- But in Oracle Fusion, we did not have this kind of process flow. Oracle fusion has given a very easy method to find and configure the DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD in Fusion Web pages.
- In Below Example, I am taking the Example of Customer Creation Web page in Oracle Fusion As below. This is the Customer Creation Page and I want to find the all Descriptive flex Field available in this Web-page.
- We have to go to Top right hand side of this web- Page and there you can see your login name and there you will see drop down option beside your login name.
you have to click this option as below. Click on Highlight FlexFields option.
You can see below highlighted, this option has displayed all the available DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD in Customer Web- Page.
Part 2:- To Create/Configure the Descriptive flex field in oracle fusion
Step 1:- For example, We want to create the context sensitive Descriptive flex field in Value Sets which will be shown as per the Value set name or code.
Step 2:- Go to Setup and Maintenance and search the ‘Manage Descriptive flex fields’.
Step 3:- Search with Name ‘Value Set’ and click on Edit Icon as below.
Step 4:- Now Click on ‘Manage Contexts’ as highlighted below.
Step 5:- Under Manage Contexts, Click on ‘+’ icon.
Step 6:- Enter the Context Value as below and click on save button.
Step 7:- After Save, this below ‘+’ icon will be enable. click ‘+’ to create new Context sensitive segments.
Step 8:- As below create the context sensitive segments Descriptive flex field in oracle fusion. We can create the New Value set also or attach the existing one too.
Step 9:- As below, this is the Context DESCRIPTIVE FLEX FIELD in oracle Fusion having 1 Segment.