What it is, why it matters, and how SOAIS can help you in your automation journey….
What is Hyper automation?
Hyper-automation brings together several components of process automation, integrating tools and technologies that amplify the ability to automate work. It starts with robotic process automation (RPA) at its core and adds a range of complementary and advanced technologies, including
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Business Process Management System (BPMS)
- Other advanced automation tools and analytics.
From Automation to Hyper-automation – The Need
The need to optimize cost, resources and efficiency can be achieved through (RPA) alone, but for securing deep level automation for critical operations, data processes and infrastructure, businesses will require a higher and deeper level of integration’s and functionality.
Hyper-automation has an extra layer of robotic ‘intelligence’ that makes the processes even smarter. This extra layer of intelligence can include AI technologies in various forms. For example:
- Natural language processing (NLP), which lets bots interpret human speech
- Optical character recognition (OCR), which lets bots convert images to readable text
- Machine learning (ML), which lets bots identify patterns in data.
When combined with automation software, these technologies dramatically expand the automation possibilities.
Where can Hyper-automation make an impact?
How do I successfully implement hyper automation to my business?
1. Identify your business goals
- The purpose of hyper automation is to improve your business processes and consequently speed up and better your operations. To do this, you need to identify automation opportunities in your business that could benefit from hyper automation.
Understand why you need automation and where you need
it most, to make sure you get the best of it.
2.Learn more about available hyper automation tools
- Be sure to research available automation tools that meet your goals. There’s no point using hyper automation where it isn’t needed or doesn’t work for your business, so read up and find relevant tools for you. For instance, do you need low-code or no-code instances of hyper automation.
- A good starting point would be to find out hyper automation use cases.
3.Make sure your chosen tools are sustainable
Once you’ve researched and selected the right automation platform for you, make sure it’s scalable. How can the tool allow process optimization right now as well as in the future as your business expands? Pick sustainable, future-conscious tools that introduce digital transformation today but grow with your business tomorrow!
What challenges could I encounter with hyper automation?
- Selecting the right hyper-automation infrastructure.
- Finding ways to measure success (does your chosen tool have advanced analytics?).
- Calculating return on your investment (ROI).
- Lack of previous business process information leading to difficult and slow implementation.
- May sacrifice customer experience and satisfaction at times during implementation phase.
What are the Key Benefits of Hyper-automation?
- Powered by AI and ML, Hyper-automation provides agility in today’s ever evolving market
- End-to-end business process automation provides the ability to scale and is more flexible, reliable and adaptable to change
- The non-invasive nature of RPA allows businesses to minimize human efforts.
- With Hyper automation, leveraging data analytics and access to real-time insights will become a reality, helping businesses identify gaps and discrepancies to make informed decisions and deliver superior customer experience.
- Process efficiency, resource optimization and cost reduction associated with hyper-automation will help boost their return on investment (ROI).
- Hyper-automation helps manage the entire automation cycle from start I.e. (identification of processes) to finish (measuring ROI).
In subsequent blogs, we’ll explore hyper automation in further detail, including the best use cases of this, more intelligent automation that combines RPA and AI….