How to set up UiPath Studio on your system?
To install UiPath Studio, some pre-requisites are to be matched related to both Hardware and Software.
- Hardware pre-requisites
A 4 x 2.4 GHz 64-bit (x64) CPU core, 8 GB RAM and 3.5 GB (for new installations) + 5 GB (for upgrades) of Disk Space is recommended. However, 2 x 1.8 GHz 32-bit (x86) CPU core and 4 GB RAM are also sufficient to install Studio.
- Software pre-requisites
UiPath supports Window versions of – 8.1, 10 and 11. It offers compatibility with browsers such as – Google Chrome (v64 or higher), Internet Explorer(v8.0 or higher), Mozilla Firefox(v52.0 or greater), Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 (v1803 or greater) and Microsoft Office Applications (v2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365).
How to Install UiPath Studio?
UiPath offers Enterprise and Community Editions for installation. If your organization has purchased the UiPath platform, install the Enterprise Edition. If you need a trial version, use the Community Edition of the installer. Below are the steps for community users: –
To download the application on your system, you need to set up a UiPath Automation Cloud account.Navigate to https://cloud.uipath.com/portal_/register
2. Create a Microsoft or Google account.
3. Enter the details – First Name, Last Name, Country, State and click on Next.
4. Enter the name of your choice and click on Create Organization.
5. You will be redirected to the Cloud console.
6. Click on Download UiPath Studio. The .msi file will get downloaded.
7. Run the “UiPathStudioCommunity.msi” installer file to launch the UiPath setup.
8. Select the Quick type of installation and accept the License Agreement
9. Choose from the provided packages according to your requirements. You can also modify the Advanced Settings.
10. Click on Install, wait for the installation to complete and then go to the option of “Launch UiPath Studio”.
11. After launching, you will need to activate the Studio.
How to Activate UiPath Studio?
- You will be asked to sign in to your UiPath account after launching.
2. Click on Sign in. Continue UiPath Login with your email.
3. After successful login, click Open UiPath. You will be redirected to Studio.
4. Click Continue and you will be connected to your tenant.
5. You have successfully signed in to your UiPath account and connected to Orchestrator in both Studio and Assistant. There is a quick step-by-step tutorial at the beginning which helps you start with your automation.
Provisioning Machines in UiPath Orchestrator
Navigate to the Machines page on Orchestrator to add one so that a connection can be established with the installed UiPath Studio. Machine connection allows UiPath Robots to connect to the orchestrator in order to run your processes.
- Login to UiPath Orchestrator and go to Tenant🡪Machines🡪Add machine.
- Select the type of machine as per requirement.
- Machine template is used to connect the robot for multiple orchestrator accounts. This is done by using a key which works for any machine on which UiPath Robot is installed.
- Standard machine is used to connect the robot to only one machine. The machine key generated holds the same workstation’s name and hence can only be used for that particular machine.
3. To begin with, add a standard machine. To find out your machine name, go to the command prompt and enter “hostname”. Copy this exact name to this field and then click on Provision.
4. The machine will successfully be created with the ID and Secret.
5. Connect UiPath Assistant to Orchestrator using the key generated from provisioning.
6. Open UiPath Assistant from the Start menu and go to Preferences.
7. Go to Orchestrator Settings, mention the Orchestrator URL i.e. “https://cloud.uipath.com” and the generated machine key. Click on Connect to establish a connection to the orchestrator.
Adding Robot Account to Orchestrator
- Now, go to Manage Access🡪Manage Accounts & Groups🡪Robot accounts🡪Add Robot Account.
2. Enter the details and click on Add.
3. After successful addition of the Robot account, navigate to Manage Access🡪Assign Roles🡪Robot account.
4. Enter your Robot account and fill in the roles.
5. Click on Next. Enter the machine login credentials. This will be utilized when the robot runs in an unattended mode. The robot will login using the credentials you provide here.
6. Click on Next and then Assign.
7. Your Robot Account is all set up. You can try running a job.