Tricentis Tosca makes your Salesforce testing easy and smooth. The new Salesforce Engine 3.0 can automate tests for both Salesforce Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic, using the same TestCases and Modules. The Salesforce 3.0 Engine also provides a stable, consistent testing platform and layout for steering and testing various Salesforce apps and controls.
The Salesforce 3.0 Engine includes the Salesforce Scanner, which allows you to one-click scan your complete Salesforce instance, and create the Module structure automatically so you can start creating TestCases without having to scan each and every Salesforce app and screen individually.
Key Challenges with Salesforce Testing
- Cost Associated with transition are high (Migration and Lightning readiness testing)
- Automation test build on Salesforce Classic typically can’t be reused for lightning and have high restructuring and maintenance costs associated
- Test Creation: Classic to Lightning (Drastic changes to the underlying UI framework, very low-no reuse of test assets), lightning platform hide identifiers on elements
- Salesforce controls are all dynamic and a substantial amount of time is spent on identifying stable locators
- Test cases and Locators must be re-coded when the transition to lighting occurs.
- Maintenance is high with every internal release, compounded by the 3 major releases Salesforce themselves roll out every year
New Salesforce Engine Capabilities
**SF Scanner – Allows you to one-click scan your complete Salesforce site, and create the Module structure automatically so you can start creating TestCases without having to scan each and every Salesforce app and screen individually.
Blazing fast scanning the models an entire Salesforce org in seconds, saving hundreds of hours of test case modeling.
Test Case Design for Salesforce reduces your automation suite by 50% while increasing Risk Coverage
Execute & Monitor
Code free, model-based test automation built for reuse. Once models are built, the same tests can be run across both Classic and Lightning – on any browser
Key Benefits of New Salesforce Engine
- Tosca connects to Salesforce via the Salesforce SOAP API, and scans applications (including the App Launcher), tabs, and builds the layout for the Module structures. The scanning process creates all controls that can be accessed via the API
- Solves test maintenance issues through Tosca’s model-based framework
- It provides a stable, consistent testing platform and layout for steering and testing your various Salesforce apps and controls
- Intelligent object recognition eliminate the pain of Salesforce dynamic IDs