“TOSCA” – Tricentis Tosca is a software testing tool that is used to automate end-to-end testing for software applications. It is developed by Tricentis. Tricentis Tosca combines multiple aspects of software testing (test case design, test automation, test data design and generation, and analytics) to test GUIs and APIs from a business perspective.
“TOSCA Installation Guide” – This blog illustrates exact steps required for installing Tricentis Tosca on your machine right from creation of the user account to the successful installation of the product. The blog provides you proper guide that can be followed to have one-time successful installation of Tricentis Tosca Commander on your machine.
** Before begin our step-by-step installation of Tosca, there are few prerequisites describes below:
Check your system hardware requirements is meeting up with minimum set up requirements discussed here:
Hardware requirements for Tosca
CPU – i5 Dual-Core 2.4Ghz
RAM – 8 GB
Hard disk space – 5 GB
Software requirements for Tosca
- Local administrator rights are required for the all-feature installation, plus write permission is required for directory %TRICENTIS_PROJECTS% (obviously for reading and writing your workspaceobjects).
- Microsoft® .NET Framework Version 4.7.1 (Win 7, Win 8.1, Win 10).
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64/x86).
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package Update 4 (x64/x86).
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package SP1 (x86).
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package Update 2 (x86).
- .NET Framework 4.7.1
*In case you don’t have these software’s it will be installed as part of installation.
Below are the steps which are required for Step-by-Step installation of Tosca.
Registering and downloading the trial
So, start by visiting the websites:
- Click on Login/Register link on upper right corner of the screen and Register by giving all required data
Fig 1: Registration Page
2. Once you have submitted all the details, you will see a “Thank you” screen.
3. https://www.tricentis.com/software-testing-tool-trial-demo/demo-request/ Click on above link and click on Request Demo under Tricentis Tosca. Provide your email, more details about your role, company, etc., This process is for Request Demo
Fig 2: Registration for Request Demo
4. Once you have submitted all the details, you will see a “Thank you” screen and now you will receive some emails where email verification and trial download link will be shared
5. Once you open your shared email account, you will get a similar email shown below, click on “Download Now” button and your email will be verified along with you can start downloading the trial
6. If you do not get mail which is having “Download Now” button you can use below link for download the application
7. Once this is done, you can simultaneously check the support portal login (http://support.tricentis.com/) to check your account gets verified or not, Click on Login link and login by entering username and password. If suppose account is not verified, you will see a yellow link stating “unverified” link else you can see “Create Incident” link on upper left corner of the screen.
Fig 3: Account is Not Verified
Fig 4: Account is Verified
Note: till your account is not verified, you will not be able to activate the trial.
Below are the manual steps needed to complete the installation of Tosca.
- Identify the location of downloaded file “Tosca<version>.exe” on your system
- Right click on the exe file and “Run as administrator”
- Tricentis Tosca needs some prerequisites to work properly:
Fig 5: Welcome Page of Tricentis Tosca
4. Check the checkbox agree and continue
5. Once you click on continue you can see below screen
6. The required Prerequisites for Tricentis Tosca will be installed if it is not installed already
Fig 6: Required Prerequisites For Tricentis Tosca
7. Click on next button
Fig 7: Setup Installer for Tricentis Tosca Type
8. Select the component/type for which you have license or if you have trial you can just click “next” for selecting default option and leave the rest.
Fig 8: Destination/Location of The Application
9. Browse the location where you want to install or click “next” for selecting default location
Fig 9: Tosca Diagnostics
10. Click on next button
Fig 10: Tosca Data Integrity
11. Click on next button
Fig 11: Components to be installed
12. Click on “Install” to start the installation Process
Fig 12: Installation wizard
13. Click on finish button.
*** During the installation process, the operating system (OS) will be restarted. Once the components have been installed successfully, Tricentis Tosca will be installed on your computer,
14. Once this is done, several times system might restart. Don’t panic its part of installation
15. Once installation is complete, you have to open Tosca License Configuration, once you click you see Tosca License opening up and validating license
16. Now you have 2 options:
17. You can go for option “Connect”
Fig 13: Tosca License Configuration
18. Click on “Connect to Cloud”
Fig 14: Tosca License Configuration
19. You can enter the license file which you given during registration
Fig 15: Login Page
20. Once you enter credentials of support portal with which you have registered, you will see screen verifying those and fetching the license on your machine
21. Once it successfully connected to the license it will show below screen
Fig 16: Successfully Connected Message Page
22. Instead of this screen If you are getting No Valid License message means you have to approach your manager for valid license and the open Tosca License Configuration then do the same process
23. You will see “Tosca Trial” node will appear by click on “Manage”. Expand it and you will see the license detail for each Package which is part of Trial and its expiry date
Fig 17: License Details
24. Now click on “Checkout Licenses”, and choose the date in calendar; till which date you want these licenses to be checked-out by you
25. Now this completes your installation, right from registration to completed full step by step installation of Tosca
26. Open Tosca Commander and start your projects,
Fig 18: Home Screen of Tosca Commander