The Oracle Fusion service-oriented platform and applications suite joins next-generation enterprise technologies, applications, and services, including Oracle Fusion Applications and Oracle Fusion Middleware, to change the dynamics in the applications marketplace and revolutionize business.
What Is Oracle Fusion Applications?
Using the latest technology and incorporating the best practices gathered from Oracle’s customers, Oracle Fusion Applications is a suite of 100% open standards-based business applications that provide a new standard for the way businesses innovate, work and adopt technology. Delivered as a complete suite of modular, service-enabled enterprise applications, Oracle Fusion Applications works with Oracle’s Applications Unlimited portfolio to evolve business to a new level of performance. Whether it is one module, a product family, or the entire suite, Oracle provides businesses with their choice of all advancements pioneered by Oracle Fusion Applications, at a pace that matches individual business demands.
Oracle Fusion Applications can best be described as:
- Built on an open Standards-Based Architecture
- Based on Best Practices Business Processes
- Deployed through Choice of Deployment Options
- Built with Security as a priority
Oracle Fusion Applications is standards-based, making it highly adaptable. This standards-based technology enables you to respond effectively to change with flexible, modular, user-driven business software that is powered by best-in-class business capabilities built on open standards. Its technology framework includes the following products:
- Oracle WebCenter Portal provides design-time and runtime tools for building enterprise portals, transactional websites, and social networking sites.
- Oracle Business Intelligence provides a full range of business intelligence capabilities that enable you to analyse, present, report, and deliver organizational data.
- Oracle WebCenter Content enables you to leverage document management, Web content management, digital asset management; and records retention functionality to build and complement your business applications.
- Oracle SOA Suite provides a complete set of service infrastructure components for designing, deploying, and managing SOA composite applications. Oracle SOA Suite enables services to be created, managed, and orchestrated into SOA composite applications.
- Oracle WebLogic Server is a scalable, enterprise-ready application server based on Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
- Oracle JDeveloper is an integrated development environment with end-to-end support for modeling, developing, debugging, optimizing, and deploying Java applications and web services.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager offers business-driven applications management, integrated application to disk management, integrated systems management, and support experience.
- Oracle Identity Management enables organizations to manage the end-to-end lifecycle of user identities and to secure access to enterprise resources and assets. Using a standards-based architecture reduces the cost for integration and enables you to reuse systems and technologies. Standards-based architecture also increases the flexibility of the applications. You can fit the applications to your business by configuring not only the user interface, but also the business objects, the business processes, the business logic, and business intelligence.
The ease of managing Oracle Fusion Applications offers a low total cost of ownership that results in a faster return on investment by using tools for rapid setup and flexible deployment models, as well as providing protection for upgrades.
Best Practices Business Processes
Oracle Fusion Applications incorporates best practices business processes, including those from Oracle product lines, such as Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Oracle On-Demand, JD Edwards, and Siebel to optimize the user experience and productivity. The Oracle Fusion Applications user interface facilitates the customer-driven, intuitive design of the applications that result in large productivity gains. The user interface design of Oracle Fusion Applications is:
- Role-based, which enables pervasive delivery in multiple modes, devices, and channels.
- Configurable and extensible, through J-Developer during design time or the composer during runtime, which enhances productivity for individual users and groups of users.
- Composite and contextual, providing integrated information in the context of process.
- Social and collaborative, offering built-in user communities and workspace, Web 2.0 information distribution, and embedded social computing to improve collaborative work.
Specific features of the user interface include:
- Role-based dashboards that you can configure to your business needs.
- Unified worklists that provide lists of tasks from across the applications.
- Guided Business Processes, which are organized sets of tasks that help you get your work done more efficiently.
- Embedded analysis methods that provides the necessary information for completing a task.
- Contextual help that provides conceptual and procedural reference information.
- Oracle Fusion Applications Search, which provides a seamless search experience for easily locating and taking action on relevant data.
- Tagging, which enables you to associate keywords with objects so they can be easily located.
- Instant collaboration that provides the contact information for persons related to your tasks.
Choice of Deployment Options
Oracle Fusion Applications is delivered as a suite, but can be adopted modularly. It can be adopted as a single suite, as product offerings (the highest level collection of functionality that you can license and implement), or as solutions sets that work with other Oracle Applications Unlimited product lines. Oracle Fusion Applications is offered with the following deployment options:
- On premise, hosted by the enterprise.
- Public cloud (available to the general public), hosted over the Internet by Oracle, software as a service (SaaS), or Oracle business partners offering business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions.
- Private cloud (available internally behind a firewall), hosted as a SaaS or BPO offering.
- Hybrid, an implementation of both on premise and cloud.
Oracle Fusion Applications security offers:
- Role-based access.
- Segregation of duties.
- Consistent and transparent function and data security.
- Robust privacy protections.
- Native identity management and access provisioning.
- Enforcement across tools (all the tools use the same policies) and across the information lifecycle.
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
- An extensive reference implementation.
- Standard tools to extend the footprint