Workday has improvised the Change Job business process by enabling us to configure condition rules and security groups on Change Job templates to suit business needs of the organization.
In the maintain Change job template we can configure the Condition rules applied and security groups, so that what do you want to do? Prompt will be populated accordingly.
For the condition rules applied we can either create a new rules or use the existing one, similarly for the security group.
Now let us consider the two cases
- If we are trying to change job for the worker Terresa Serrano, who is working in Finance team in the United States we can see that all the three options in what do you want to do? Prompt will appear since she meets all the condition rules.
- But if we consider the case of Betty Liu, who is not in Finance and administration team and located in US. For this worker only the two options in the prompt will appear.
Also, earlier the change job reason was defaulted to manager reason, now they have given the choice for the user to select.
- Verify that you have security access on the Start Job Change initiating action.
- Configure change job templates on the Maintain Change Job Templates task.
- Access the Maintain Change Job Templates task. You can optionally select:
- Condition rules or create them
- Security groups
- Any change job reason