Workday custom object is a feature which allows us to create a custom objects/Fields which can preserve your business specific data not present in the workday delivered object. It can be Effective dated and Non-Effective dated. Custom objects can be created on top of the WD objects like Worker, Position, Location etc.
- Easy to implement, implementation is a matter of configuration. No need of any extra coding or complex development.
- Easy to maintain the data, You can use EIB inbound or directly change the data in the worker details.
- You can meet up your business needs. If you need to store any business required data which is not provided by WD then you can easily use custom object.
- 40 custom fields can be added for a custom object. There is a limitation to add custom fields at the worker level.
- You have to maintain the data yourself. There is no default EIB provided by WD.
- Not possible to add custom object in all WD business objects. There are delivered business objects list in WD.
Steps to create custom objects:
Step1: Access the Create Custom Object task.
Step 2: Custom object can be attached with Two types of worker Objects a. Non-Effective Dated b. Effective Dated
Then provide the Custom Object Name.
Step 3: General Settings
Step 4: Field Definitions
Step 5: Permissions
Step 6: After that click Ok button.
Step 7: click on Done.
Step 8: Go to Additional data of any worker and you can add and edit the given custom object Data(only for Non-Effective dated).
Ways to load data to Custom objects:
- If the custom object is Non-Effective Dated then data can be added and edited directly from worker additional data.
- If the custom object is Effective Dated then using EIB inbound data can be uploaded.