The advancements in technology have increased two-fold during the worldwide lockdown period due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are tasks which were considered unimaginable to be executed while employees work from the comfort of their homes but now the situation is such that most companies are allowing employees to work from home for a longer run as the new normal.
Talent acquisition is an important function within HR, responsible for recruiting high quality people through various sources for given job positions under stringent deadlines and cost constraints.
Major Core HR functions (Processes) are listed below:
- Talent Acquisition (Sub modules: Recruitment and Hiring)
- Employee Onboarding
- Employee performance management
- HR analytics
- Time and Attendance (Leave Management)
- Payroll and Benefits management
- Employee Off boarding
Given below are some advantages of recruitment process automation which can reduce the efforts involved in fulfilling talent acquisition needs:
- Validate complex processes in a fraction of the time of manual testing.
- Create, manage, and execute functional testing across applications and technologies with codeless automation.
- From ERP to web and beyond, our test automation spans every application your business processes traverse. Our test automation framework uses object definitions that empower you to keep pace with change without updating individual test scripts.
- Reusable automation assets let you build and share automation across scripts, projects, and teams.
- Worksoft Certify allows you to easily create, maintain, share, and consume automated end-to-end business process tests as part of continuous testing, integration, and delivery cycles. And since Certify is a completely code-free solution, it enables non-technical business users and IT to work in parallel, speeding delivery times and reducing manual error.
- Implementing scheduling assistants can help shortlisted candidates view their respective hiring manager’s calendar and schedule/reschedule interviews as per the interviewer’s availability. By doing this the time spent by recruiters in coordinating with interviewers and interviewee is saved.
- In-built salary recommendation feature can help recruiters compare salaries of various employees in same group/department, and eventually recruiters can decide the salary range applicable for a set of positions. The salary suggestion can also consider the amount of budget allocated for new hires in case such data is provided.
- Systems to be designed to automatically fill the required onboarding forms from uploaded copies of candidates resume/mark sheets/identifications proofs after which the candidate should be asked to just verify the data hence reducing the efforts of correcting any manual mistakes made by candidates and verification is easier for HR teams.
While it is important to have processes in place which save time for recruiters and which will eventually help the organization to save costs spent on the lengthy processes, it is also very crucial to have a balance of human intervention and automation in complex HR processes otherwise there could be chances of mistakes.
Screenshot of an example requesting leave of absence:
Step 1: start proxy as employee’s manager
Step 2: Search for the employee ID in the search field and click on view more option next to the employees name and select time and leave under actions, then click on Place the worker on leave.
Step 3: Input all the mandatory fields (Last day or work, First day of absence, Estimated last day of absence and type) and click on submit to create the leave request.
Step 4: successful message once the leave request is submitted.