Automation Anywhere (AA), the world’s largest RPA software provider comes out as a front-runner once again in 2018 and occupying a determined position regarding market impact. More organizations today rely on robotic automation platform to develop their intelligent digital workforces. Automation anywhere tool employs software bots that enable several industries to automate their repetitive business processes. In addition to the comprehensive enterprise RPA platform, AA includes build-in artificial intelligence technologies and predictive analytics to offer even greater business value. This blog aspires to offer a balanced outline of automation anywhere features to automate complex tasks.
What is Automation Anywhere RPA?
Automation Anywhere is one of the most popular RPA vendors offering powerful and user-friendly RPA capabilities to automate the business processes that are performed by humans. AA is a web-based management system that includes a control to run end-to-end automated business tasks for companies. Over 500 leading brands across the world use this tool to handle and scale their business processes with near-zero error rates and minimizing operational costs.
The three core components in the AA architecture are:
1. Bot Creator – It allows the developers to create bots to automate their desktop-based applications.
2. Control room– An application that works as a controller and handles the entire execution and management of clients, scripts, credentials, roles, security, etc.
3. Bot Runner – A machine allows to run the bot. The status of bot execution is reported back to the control room.
Different Types of Bots in AA:
• Task bot
• Meta bot
• IQ bot The following figure highlights the unique features of each product:
Prominent Features of Automation Anywhere Tool
In the realm of the RPA, the automation anywhere RPA is notable for its functionalities to reduce the time taken to meet the processing. With this tool, the enterprise can create SMART bots to perform tasks in various areas of the businesses. Undeniably, the automation anywhere software comes up with plenty of unique features to support the process automation. Some important functionalities offered by this tool:
1. Task Editor
2. Workflow Designer
3. Report Designer
4. Trigger Manager
5. Workload Management
6. Automation Lifecycle Management
7. High Availability & Disaster Recovery (HA/DR)
8. Predictive Operational Analytics
9. Tray Notification with Numeric Indications
10. Cloud-Ready Architecture
11. Citrix Automation with AISense
Three types of recording options are available in the recording functionality of AA. They are:
o Smart Recorder – Captures entire activity as object cloning. It provides more flexibility during recording tasks that involve various technologies like Java, HTML, and Flex.
o Screen Recorder – Captures activities like mouse move, mouse clicks, and keyboard operations. It captures the web and window screen. It is also known as a standard recorder.
o Web Recorder – Used for web data extraction. This option accurately and reliably records as well as automates web-oriented tasks without programming logic.
The Control Room is deployed on servers in data centers. The Enterprise Client is deployed on any device that runs the supported operating system. The minimum Automation Anywhere hardware requirements include server, machine, processor, RAM, disk storage, and network.
For every server or machine, the installation wizard requires the following:
• IP addresses: Identify all the nodes (servers) IP addresses in the data center cluster before installation. You provide these IP addresses during Control Room installation
• Access hardware: To enable viewing the Automation Anywhere interface, provide: Keyboard, Mouse or another pointing device and Monitor with 1366 x 768 or higher resolution
1. Control Room server requirements
Control Room must be installed on a server-level machine. The server can be a physical machine in your data center or an instance on a cloud platform.
Note: We recommend that you configure the Control Room network bandwidth to above 1 GbE because the uplink traffic might quickly exceed 1 GbE, depending on the complexity of the automations that are run.
2. Enterprise Client machine requirements
Enterprise Client can be installed on any machine that meets the listed requirements. The values listed are for the specific corresponding component. Bot Creator and Bot Runner requirements are included in the Enterprise Client requirements.
Note: To install the Enterprise Client on a Citrix XenDesktop, install Citrix Receiver on the local machine that you use to login to the Citrix XenDesktop.
➢ RAM on Enterprise Client machines:
• Enterprise Client is a 32-bit application and multi-threaded, and it executes multiple tasks in parallel including running bots.
• Add additional RAM to account for applications and services running on the Enterprise Client-server, for example:
o Microsoft Office applications. Example: Excel
o Browsers. Example: Google Chrome
o Enterprise applications. Examples: CRM, Oracle EBS, and SAP
o VDI infrastructure applications
o Anti-virus software
➢ Storage disk space on Enterprise Client machines:
• Automation Anywhere scripts average approximately 100-150 KB. Additional free disk space is required to develop automation projects, since creates temporary files like screen shots, server logs, and audit files, during the execution of the automation scripts.
• Free space required increases with the project size. It is recommended to have at least 40-50 GB of free disk space for each long-term project.
• Increase storage space configuration after installation, as needed, depending on product usage. For example, in MetaBot Designer, generating log files and logic creation, require additional disk space later.
The following instructions are for creating an integration for the first time. If you already have a connection, select the integration, and select Add a Connection Open the overflow menu in the top navigation bar, and select Admin.
|1. Select Integrations at the bottom of the page. |
2. Select the Add an Integration button in the top right corner.
3. Select the Automation Anywhere integration then select Add this Connection.
4. Fill in the details. Enter the Username and Password to use for the integration.
5. Enter your AA Control Room URL. To find this, open your AA Control Room. and copy the URL from your browser’s address bar. 6. Set the integration permission if necessary.
7. Select Connect.
With these features, we can declare automation anywhere RPA as a powerful tool, which can simplify life for information technology across multiple empires.